One of the rooms in the house that is the most comfortable and the most used is the kitchen. The space you cook, you socialise, you hang out with a late night snack – it’s the kitchen, right? As much as it’s the most used room of the home, it’s also the one that influences buyers when it comes to a house tour. People head straight for the kitchen when they are buying a house because they know how much they will be using the space. They know that this will be a space that they can appreciate, but it’s often the last space to be renovated, too.
Improvements made in the kitchen are often tough because the space is so well used that you don’t want it to be out of action if at all possible. The good news is that you can upgrade your home with new kitchen cupboard doors and instantly transform the space with one change. The kitchen is a very easy space to upgrade without ripping out the whole thing, so with that in mind, here are some of the best upgrades that will improve your kitchen in an instant.
- A lick of paint. Paint is cheap and cheerful, and you can choose from so many different colours as well as different shades within those colour families. You can easily repaint any of the cupboards, the doors and the walls of the kitchen while easily refreshing the look and feel of the space. You can take full advantage of the trending kitchen colours out there and transform your space within moments.
- New cabinet handles. Oh, this is a hack you’ll love! The kitchen cabinets and draws often have matching handles on them, but if you are savvy about your budget, you can switch the way your kitchen looks simply by swapping brass handles for glass. It really can lift the look of the kitchen and improve it in an instant.
- Upgrade your grout. The grout around the tiles and the sinks needs to be changed from time to time and you may find that cleaning it up isn’t working. It’s true that this isn’t always the best way to go about it, though, because grout can and does stain. You can strip it back and replace it with new, fresh white grouting and instantly make it look like you’ve paid for some serious renovations.
- Upgrade your upholstery. Does your kitchen have chairs? Silly question, but not every kitchen has space for breakfast bar chairs or dining chairs. If yours does (lucky you!), swap out the upholstery on the chairs and dramatically change the space. You can do this to match your new paintwork, too, which will make a huge difference!
- Add some art! Your kitchen can be as beautiful as the rest of the house, and you can even add artwork to the kitchen to make it look stunning and give it something unique. You can improve your kitchen in a second with a new painting or sculpture!